Our story begins at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1905 the Martinez family, from Cariñena, Aragon, decided to sell their wines in Madrid. To this end, they opened up to 9 establishments in the city, delegating its management to its most trusted employees.
At that time the wine, which arrived directly from Cariñena in horse carriages (and later trucks), was stored in the basement, and was raised up to the red clay vessels behind the counter by means of a mechanical device created for that purpose.
Our establishment was opened in 1927 and renovated in the 1950s. Such was the success of the renovation that neighbours began to refer to it as "Versailles".
To this day, our Bodega is the only survivor of that ambitious project, which today would be over a 100 years old.